Tuesday 8 July 2008

Juke Joint Blues: 25 vintage blues recordings.


Juke joint blues: 25 vintage blues recordings.
This great cd was a suprise christmas present from a friend..i thought just before i opened it on christmas day...it's going to be a pair of socks!..no! a botttle of aftershave no!...to my utter delight it was this great cd!...
I tend not to overdose on blues,but this cd,in my own opinion has some of the best 'Delta blues' artists that have ever lived.
Artists& Track listings.
1.Blind Willie Mctell- Statesboro' blues.
2.Sonny boy Williams-Good morning little schoolgirl.
3.Billie Holiday-Summertime.
4.Tampa Red-It hurts me too.
5.Robert Johnson-Cross road blues.
6.Bessie Smith-Nobody knows you when you're down out.
7.Casey Bill Weldon-You just as well let her go.
8.Big Bill Broonzy-Key to the highway.
9.Robert Petway-Catfish blues.
10.Robert Johnson-stones in my passway.
11.Memphis Minnie-What's the matter with the mill.
12.Muddy Waters-I be's troubled.
13.Leadbelly-midnight special.
14.Big Bill Broonzy-I feel so good.
15.Leroy Carr-Midnight hour blues.
16.Sonny boy Williamson-i been dealing with the devil.
17.Big joe Williams-Baby please don't go.
18.Blind Willie Johnson-Nobody's fault but mine.
19.Hambone Willie Newbern-Roll and tumble blues.
20.Billie Holiday-Strange fruit.
21.Lonnie Johnson-Winnie the wailer.
22.William Harris-Bull frog blues.
23.Oscar Woods-Lone wolf blues.
24.Robert Johnson-Ramblin' on my mind.
25.Tampa Red-Don't you lie to me.

Recommended tracks:
'Blind Willie Johnson-Nobody's fault but mine, Robert Johnson-Cross road blues,Robert Petway-Catfish Blues.
note* with this cd i've introduced lot's of my friends to where proper blues came from..if you want to hear..vintage blues at it's upmost best then this is great one to start with...hunt it down and check it out now,it's wonderful!

No comments: