Sunday 1 April 2012

Nouvelle Vague

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nouvelle_Vague_(band)

I was introduced to nouvelle Vague by a good friend of mine, a few years back now..and i must be honest with my first thoughts of classic punk & indie songs been covered in a jazzy bossa nova style..so with tentative feelings about it i bit the bullet & ventured into the musical world of Nouvelle Vague, i had however in my musical collection most of the original artists this band has covered..i can say been a middle age music fan the 1977-1985 were among my favourite for pop/rock .Remakes/tributes are in my opinion a very mixed bag.many are done by less talented groups to try and make a fast couple of quid, and to make their hipness, which ends up on a cringy induced tribute cover collection albums..those done by the better bands often fail to capture the spirit of the original artists..Nouvelle Vague, let me say have created a totally unique collection of no gimmicks,brilliantly done covers in its own unique style.
If you haven't already heard this band, then give them a try & also compare the tracks they cover with the originals..it's not cheesy at all, it's really good.Enjoy:)

No comments: