Saturday 8 October 2011

The ORB: Metallic Spheres[Featuring David Gilmour]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallic_Spheres


Right from the beginning in the 90's i was a admirer of The Orb.and when this release came along i was instantly curious to how it would sound, so i went to my nearest music outlet and aquired it, my first thoughts before i put the cd in to my player was.are they just using "David gilmour" as a front to make a few quid for themselves..anyway my first listen it didn't really do much it wasn't until i averted myself from thinking it was a Gilmour project that it hit me what a great album this is. On a closer inspection i can hear overtones of Pink Floyd coming through done in a unique style of The Orb team, the production which was mostly done by Martin Glover aka "Youth" which made this release so memorable for me..ok you can hear Jarre, Foxx, Oldfield and a few other in it, but overall it's great effort from the Orb...if modern trance/ambient music is your thing then this is a album i recommend. Enjoy:)

No comments: