Friday 7 October 2011

PJ Harvey: Let England Shake 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_England_Shake


I feel guilty with myself, due to not adding any of my favourites since november 2010!...shame on me folks...i have a memory like a goldfish most of the time...i shall start with my first musical review of the year...to be honest when i first heard PJ was bringing out a new release it left a sour taste in my mouth, due to been totally dissapointed with her previous release White Chalk, which i found very hit & miss with no passion in it at all...but with Let England shake!..i take all my doubt pessimism, grumpyness back on the chin with a vengence!..It took 5-6 listens before this album hit me, but i knew in my mind after the first listen this was a masterpiece from this remarkable woman, but didn't realise why until later listens.if you like PJ, or just a few of her songs then check this album out folks it's in my opinion real modern folk, profound lyric writing all put together to produce one of the best albums that i've heard for a long time..Hats off to PJ Harvey for such a wonderful musical release...let see if she can Equal this next time...i imagine she will. Enjoy:)



No comments: