Sunday 16 October 2011

Patti Smith: Easter


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_(Patti_Smith_Group_album)

After mentioning this amazing artist in my previous posting, it jogged my failing memory into thinking i had to add this, what i consider a classic, in the origin's of where my love of Patti first began...This album for myself took a while before i could see in my musical mind's eye how much i loved it!...i Put it on, and went straight to "Because the Night" which is one of my all time faves, but i missed out through pure ignorance how much the rest of this album had to offer.in all this queen godmother of punk/rock poet -singerwriters was and still is the best around..a biased opinion you may say..but from it's 70's release this album has stood the test of time , where alot of new acts from over the years have attempted to copy, making only childish sugar coated, toned down versions of Patti smith awesome musical ability..overall this is a great starting point for anyone to be introduced to the wonderful powerful, beautiful punk poetess. Enjoy:)

No comments: